Sign the Pledge and Say No to Vaping
Boise Oral Surgery & Dental Implant Center and Project Save A Mouth are working together to help educate Boise area students about the harmful impacts of e-cigarettes and vaping. In conjunction with National Children’s Dental Health Month in February, we want to ensure that our community knows that vaping can cause oral health issues in addition to other diseases associated with traditional smoking. We hope that everyone will join us as we work to Stop The Vape this year.
Sign the Stop the Vape pledge by February 28, 2020 to protect your smile for years to come.
The Facts About Vaping:
- 1.5 million more youths used e-cigarettes in 2018 than in 2017 (a 71% increase).
- E-cigarettes produce a number of dangerous chemicals, including acetaldehyde, acrolein, and formaldehyde. These aldehydes can cause lung disease as well as cardiovascular (heart) disease.
- Some e-cigarettes marketed as containing 0% nicotine have been found to contain nicotine.
- Defective e-cigarette batteries have caused fires and explosions, some of which have resulted in serious injuries.
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has not found any e-cigarette to be safe and effective in helping smokers quit.