General instructions for all patients:
- Please bring your referral slip to your appointment.
- Minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Thoroughly brush your teeth and rinse your mouth before arriving. A clean mouth heals faster and helps avoid infection.
- Please remove hard contact lenses before surgery appointment.
Pre-operative instructions for sedation patients:
- DO NOT EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING after midnight the night before your appointment (including water). The evening prior to surgery, eat a light, easily digestible meal. NO ALCOHOL.
- If told to take a medication before surgery, take it with just a few sips of water.
- You will need someone to drive you to and from your surgery.
- Plan on resting the remainder of the day. No driving or working for 24 hours after surgery.
- Please wear short-sleeved clothes that are loose, cool, and comfortable.
- Please plan on having soft foods on hand, as you will be on a soft diet for few days postoperatively (eg.., yogurt, mashed potatoes, soup, protein shakes).
- FOR SMOKERS: Not smoking before or after surgery will be in your best interest for the healing process.
To request a consultation and learn more about our services, please request an appointment now. We look forward to helping you improve your oral health and smile!